This is a very good question.
A question that ranks along with questions such as:
- Why can I never find a skewer when I want to test a cake but I often can find a safety pin (on the collars of dry cleaning if you’re looking)?
- If a watched pot never boils, what happens if the watcher is blind?
- Is my tram running late, giving me just enough time to get a coffee?
- Does vegemite keep indefinitely?
- Does my ass look big in this?
These are not questions that can be answered (except the last one). They are questions to ponder over a gin and tonic, a really soft cheese and an appropriate plate-to-mouth method for the cheese (say, a really good cracker, or a spoon).
If it’s any help, above is a picture of Pamela Anderson with a stain on her dress. Not that much help, sure.
And I notice that there are several stained dresses for sale on etsy so there is a solution for disposal if expensive drycleaning or terrifying handwashing does not help.